Underwriter (Asset Finance) London
Our Client is an established and successful business that provides an array of Financial Services to SME Businesses and Consumers across the UK. We are in search for an experienced Asset Finance Underwriter to join their team in London as they grow their business further.
As the market continues to evolve with the use of Smart Technology and Platforms, Our Client is seeking an individual who has a key interest of the FinTech space.
- Support the delivery of lending decisions based
- Compliance with the lending and credit policies applicable to the business line
- Work effectively individually and as a team
- Ensure all checks for quality, compliance have been completed
- Ensure comprehensive up to date procedures/manuals are documented and followed
- Assist the completion team with post offer queries
- An overall consideration of risks and mitigates s to risk, with level of underwriting applied to each case being proportionate to the risk
- Refer to Credit policies and underwriting guideline when necessary
- Ensure all customer interactions are recorded according to the company’s policy and our reporting to the credit bureaus is accurate
- All checks to be completed on every application
- AML/KYC queries, CIFAS reporting, BBB audit.
- Flexible, adaptable, genuine interest in fin-tech
- Excited to be part of something from the start and willing to jump in when needed
- University educated
- Communication skills, Underwriting skills, Fintech, SME lending, Proficient with Data, data analysis. Interest in programming
- Mandated or previously Mandated (£50k Minimum)
- 1/2 years’ experience working within credit risk as underwriter.
- Exposure gained within new business processing or underwriting teams within Asset Finance (preferably) and/or Secured/Unsecured Lending.
What’s on offer?
Basic Salary up to £37k + Benefits (Professional Qualifications, Free Cereal, Tea, Coffee and Fruit, 25 Days Holiday, Company Sick Pay, Contributory Pension, Discretionary Bonus, Group Life Assurance, Discounted PMI, Group Income Protection, Annual Professional Membership subscription, Interest Free Season ticket loan, Cycle to work scheme, Eye Tests, Five volunteer days, Charitable Giving, Annual Health Assessments, Free Mortgage Advice and more!)